Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ruby on Rails with RadRails

Well, I've officially expanded my horizons just the slightest bit. Since I plan to develop a website for my Citizen's Brigade project, I downloaded and installed the following:

Ruby-1.8.4
Rubygems-0.9.0
Rails-1.1.6
RadRails-0.7.1

I already had Eclipse 3.2.0 installed, and Java 1.5.0.something.

I only ended up playing with it a little, and my impressions do deserve some expansion, but the brief version is that this is probably what I'm going to use to do the project site because it makes so many things easier to get going. I would *NOT* reccomend trying to use this technology over legacy data in a corporate environment. This technology is very good for new standalone development.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home