Tuesday, November 06, 2007

OTC Property Taxes

Well, I am going to vote against the OTC property taxes today. I gave a few reasons over on Jason's post on the matter. The bottom line is that I do not think a property tax is a fair or reasonable method for funding any educational endeavor. I also feel that any tax must be opposed by the citizens until the proposal convinces a sufficient number of people to pass. These obscure ballot measures really do allow a very tiny minority to impose taxes on the entire populace, and that seems inherently wrong. I would actually amend Missouri laws to require either a larger majority of ballots cast (say two thirds), or a real majority of registered voters to add to the tax burden, or to amend the State Constitution.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home