Monday, September 29, 2008

Who'da Thunk?

As I was standing out in my driveway this afternoon, a lady stops along the street and calls out from her window asking what "my business" is. She was I think referring to my brother-in-law's van that's clearly a commercial van. I looked confused, so she clarified a little, pointing to the political sign in my yard (which is currently an Eric Burlison sign) and asked whether I used to have a Ron Paul sign in my yard. She wanted to support whatever small business I was running or working for because I was a Ron Paul supporter.

I described what my brother-in-law's company does, which isn't a retail business, it supports only other businesses, and she looked disappointed. I told her that I work for O'Reilly Auto Parts, and she asked whether I would benefit directly from that. Since I don't work in the store, I had to answer honestly no that I didn't, but I told her I did get a bonus based on it.

Now obviously I didn't start supporting Ron Paul based upon what I would receive in return, but it's encouraging to see other people so supportive of an idea that they would change their business habits based upon it.

If somehow you're reading this and don't know about Ron Paul's idea, well you can read up on it at the Campaign For Liberty.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I think it's kind of nice that she was wanting to support you.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home