Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Wrecking Crew by Thomas Frank

I'm not sure how I'm going to structure this information. I've started reading the book in the title of this post. One of my Father's friends bought it for him, and he suggested I read it. My Father's friend is a lawyer and a liberal. He probably giggles and cheers while reading this book, whereas I groan and shake my fist while trying to muscle through the paragraphs. This is inherently because I disagree with most liberals that government can solve much of anything. I suggest that more people pay more attention to Lord Acton's Dictum about power and corruption.

I've decided to keep this overview post and link to further posts over each chapter, starting with the introduction.

The Wrecking Crew
- by Thomas Frank

Introduction: Follow This Dime

Part I - Insurgents

1. Golconda on the Potomac
2. Their Enemy, the State
3. The World as War and Conspiracy
4. Marketers of Discontent
5. From Paranoia to Privatopia, by Way of Pretoria

Part II - Saboteurs

6. "The Best Public Servant Is the Worst One"
7. Putting the Train in Reverse
8. City of Bought Men
9. The Bantustan That Roared
10. Win-Win Corruption

Conclusion: Reaching for the Pillars

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home