Thursday, January 08, 2009

Downsizer Dispatch - January 8, 2009

In the past I've copied and pasted the whole dispatch, but I think instead I'll just link to the blog version of the dispatch.

Today's Dispatch: How to Stimulate the Economy

I agree wholeheartedly with today's assessment, and I'm actually becoming a fan of Dan over at the Cato Institute. He doesn't have an ideal speaking voice, but his ideas and the information he presents are excellent.

I responded with this letter to my DC overlords:

Please cut federal spending.

You can't spend the economy out of a recession. If you find a scientific study that supports the idea that Government spending stimulates the economy, please share it with all of us. We need to know that there's a reason other than increasing your own power and influence behind larger Federal Budgets.


Followed by another one:

Please cut federal taxes.

Nobel Prize winning Economist Milton Friedman discovered that consumer spending is only increased by confidence in the long term situation, not short term confidence. Spending by citizens stays at pace with what we expect our future income to be.

Having said that, it is immoral to try to squeeze more spending out of over-spent debtor citizens. Your policies of discouraging savings and encouraging reckless spending on throw away goods and services will not make this country stronger. It may inflate the numbers again in another bubble, but it will not save us.

You must lower spending, cut taxes, and balance the budget. Deficit spending is an inflation tax that is more sinister than any income tax. You are not collecting the money, but you are spending it anyway. This is theft from our future generations, and must stop.

Once again:

Balanced Budget!
Reduced Spending!
Cut Taxes!
SMALLER GOVERNMENT.


I doubt that my words are eloquent or effective, but at least they're hearing from me. I don't think there's any doubt what I'm asking for though.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home